
Today a friend emailed me these words of inspiration...
"If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time."
Omar Epps
I was thinking about how that is appropriate for many things. For the people with diabetes, if you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time. Often I ask my clients, "What should your sugar be before meals?" Or even, "What was your sugar this morning?" Often times I hear, "I don't know." With that in mind, I think everyone would do better if they knew what their blood glucose goals should be..
Omar Epps
I was thinking about how that is appropriate for many things. For the people with diabetes, if you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time. Often I ask my clients, "What should your sugar be before meals?" Or even, "What was your sugar this morning?" Often times I hear, "I don't know." With that in mind, I think everyone would do better if they knew what their blood glucose goals should be..
A1C <7.0%*>
Preprandial (before meals) 70–130 mg/dl
Peak postprandial (2 hours after meals) <180 mg/dl
These blood glucose guidelines are mentioned in the Standards of Care by the American Diabetes Association. Aim for these!
These blood glucose guidelines are mentioned in the Standards of Care by the American Diabetes Association. Aim for these!

No comments:
Post a Comment